Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Gracie Survival Tactics Level 1 Instructor Re-Certification April 14- Jun 3 2021


 

In May 2019 I attended at Gracie Survival Instructor Development Camp in Omaha Nebraska. I wrote about it here https://mikemac356.blogspot.com/2019/06/gracie-survival-tactics-instructor.html . As 2021 rolled around it was time for me to re-certify. Due to Covid the option to re-certify online through video evaluation was offered.  This was a better option for me. 

As a recertification candidate I was tasked with performing 23 different techniques including variations as well as teaching those same techniques.

Myself and my training partner had to submit 5 different videos for grading purposes

1. Technical Proficiency Video
2. Freestyle Fight Simulation Video
3. Correction Strategies Video
4. Slice Presentation Video
5. Instructor Candidate background and Information Video

All videos were pass/fail except for the technical proficiency. You had to score a 90% for the technical proficiency video. We had 60 days to accomplish this task. Really though due to both of us working odd/rotating schedules we had about 30 days. 

We had multiple hours of technical practice both together and individually. Ultimately on the day we decided to film and upload videos we spent 9 hours in a garage filming,teaching, and working up a sweat. 

Once the videos were uploaded it took less than 48 hours to receive our results. We both passed and received recertification for another two years!! Not only was the turn around time quick but constructive criticism was thorough and complete. 

In my opinion this video option was much more difficult than the original camp. Taking the video recertification option really forced me to own the material because there was no option to hide in the crowd. I am looking forward to bringing this training option to both the officers and EMS providers at both public safety agencies I work at. 

No comments:

Post a Comment